Auckland, 16th August 2018 — The 19th annual AmCham DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards were held at the Pullman Auckland Hotel last night, with Tourism Holdings winning the Supreme Award for doing business with the United States.
Amcham was delighted to welcome the Hon Grant Robertson as keynote speaker and presenter of the three key exporter awards with the U.S. Ambassador Scott Brown presenting the Importer of the Year award.
Over the last year trade of goods with the USA were just under $12 billion, up 4%, representing 10% of New Zealand’s total merchandise trade. Trade in services continue to grow with total trade bilateral worth around $17 billion. The years finalists on show at the awards highlighted some of New Zealand’s most innovative products and services succeeding in the USA.
This year saw a new award added – Bilateral Entrepreneur/Innovator with the USA which was won by serial entrepreneur and investor Chip Dawson.
The Supreme Award is chosen from the winners of each of the categories presented on the night. The complete list of winners is as follows:
• Bilateral Connections with the USA – BioPacific Partners
• Bilateral Entrepreneur/Innovator of the Year with the USA – Chip Dawson
• Contribution to Tourism with the USA – Philippa Ashford & Assoc Ltd NZ representative for Visit Anaheim
• Importer of the Year from the USA – Hawaiki Submarine Cable LP
• Investor of the Year to or from the USA – Tourism Holdings Ltd
• Exporter of the Year to the USA under $1 million – Ubco Ltd
• Exporter of the Year to the USA $1 million to $10 million – Eroad Ltd
• Exporter of the Year to the USA over $10 million – New Zealand King Salmon
The AmCham DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards celebrate success and innovation in the export, import and investment sectors between New Zealand and its third-largest trading partner, the USA. Winners of the importer, exporter, tourism and bilateral connections awards categories receive an Economy Plus® Round Trip Ticket to the USA from United Airlines.
In addition to AmCham, DHL-Express and United Airlines, the Awards are also supported by ANZ Bank, Baldwins, Fonterra, The Pullman Auckland Hotel, media partner The Business, wine sponsor Constellation Brands and event manager Lime & Soda.